Beeminder is a webservice that allows you to set up, track and execute your goals. It does this through charging you money if you fail to follow up. It’s a brilliant service made by and for nerds.
I’ve recently researched quite a bit around using it for various things as I need to double down on reading, studying and such before the pandemic is over; I have a stack of unread books that have to be read by the time I go travelling again.
- Ten Months of Programming
A guy who temporarily used Beeminder to really go through a transformative learning experience for 10 months.
This he does by aiming to complete a set of goals he set for himself, some I found interesting were:
- Spend 500 Hours Programming
- Write Technical Blog Posts
- Schedule Review and Assimilation
Talking about his experiences using Beeminder in many ways in his life.
- Beeminding for fun and profit
A guy who uses Beeminder for everything.
- How I Use Beeminder
General talk and a list of goal categories.
- Eight years of Beeminder - philnewton.net This guy has used Beeminder for eight (eight!) years.