- Microplastics are everywhere: use washbag to reduce pollution
- Choose natural materials with as low impact as possible
- Take well care of clothes
- Repair as needed
- Wash less
Clothes, heat and comfort
Using thin and modern weaves of wool can allow colder interior temperatures in winter without sacrificing comfort, sex appeal or practicality.
To reduce the deterioration of clothes over time reducing the amount of times the piece is washed is essential. Washing by machine wears a lot on the materials.
In this regard the choice of material is also essential.
- Clean spots and dirt on ad-hoc basis
- Air and ventilate
- Leave out or beat in snow
Modern day synthethics are unsuperior to wool in certain imporant regards. Wool needs less washing and can be worn more times than syntethic clothes.
Note: this mustn’t be the case physically speaking, but material development is not sufficiently advanced to allow cost effective production of competing materials as of now.
- Basic stitches/sowing
- Re-sow/fix buttons
- Patch up holes using patches and stitches
- Patch up holes - Slik stopper du sokker – Fosen Folkehøgskole