On social-media, the algorithmic feed, attention, focus and whether I should do an escape.
- A Michael Nielsen Twitter thread
- The 11th Reason to Delete your Social Media Account: the Algorithm will Find You – Axiom of Chance
- No Safe Level of Use: Strategies for Post-Social Media – Axiom of Chance
- Ti minutter her og ti minutter der – Morgenbladet
- Fælleshjernen - Gutkind Essays
My situation, 29/11/2021
I have a reasonable relationship with social media I believe.
I like Twitter but deleted it some years ago. I have wanted to make a new one since it seems such an energetic place for the communities I enjoy content from: techosphere, slatestarcodexy-things (Rationalist, Altruist) and science.
I don’t though since I already have plenty of content, books, thoughts and ingo to get through. Throwing even more on this ever growing pile is not worth it. Maybe for the soscial interaction, but I don’t think it would benefit me enough.
I keep Facebook around for “legacy reasons” - family and events. I want to back it up, off it and just keep Messenger around.
I don’t have Snapchat, TikTok or anything similar. The only one that is bothering me these days is Instagram.